Thursday, December 14, 2017

Book Baby



Baby photos. People like to share them. One of my favorite photos is one my wife took of our baby in which I am reading a book about Winnie the poo and Tigger too.

Of course I am making voices of the characters. Our daughter's eyes light up and she points to pictures while giggling. It is an image I will always cherish.

Baby picture books and children's books are fun. As a substitute teacher I enjoy lesson plans that include a read aloud for the students. No, I don't always make voices but they enjoy it when I do.

When I was in school writing was not particularly something I enjoyed. Some assignments I downright dreaded and sought to get by with the absolute minimum. Of course it took an outstanding English literature teacher in high school to cajole this reluctant author.

Now is a different story. A self imposed assignment drives my writing. Fierce independence of thought and its daily battle with current social friction fuels my desire to pen an adult book. Am I committed to see it through? Let's put it this way - more bucket list than new year's resolution list.


No comments:

Post a Comment